Just like with any regular job, we start off with a job description. Please read the information below carefully and reflect on:
- Why you’re fit for the role
- Skills you could bring to this job
- Skills you would like to gain or improve through this experience
You will be asked to record a brief video application in response to the job description to formally express your interest in the advertised position.
GIS Drone Pilot at Cardno
Cardno, a global leader in infrastructure, environmental, and social development, is seeking a Drone Pilot and GIS Analyst intern to assist its geoscience team in overseeing the ground and flight operations of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS), otherwise known as drones, for the Murramarang South Coast Walking Trail safety assessment and improvement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake inductions and training as required within the workplace
- Prepare pre-operational planning reports and perform pre-flight safety checks
- Ensure compliance with all safety regulations
- Assess weather conditions and interpret aerodrome forecasts
- (Virtually) pilot a drone through a series of standard tasks used in licence training
- Manage and file data including images, logs and other records
- Post production of data collection and report to stakeholders
- Actively contribute to the continuous improvement of all operations
Desired skills, qualifications, and experience:
- Year 10-12 high school student
- Confident in own ability to acquire new knowledge quickly and with limited supervision
- Willingness to learn new software to plan projects
- Good problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Good self-organisation and time management skills
- Good communication skills
Let's make it ✍️ official!
If this sounds like you, apply now by submitting a video answering the following 3 questions (don’t forget to introduce yourself!)
- Why are you interested in this job?
- What are you hoping to learn?