Just like with any regular job, we start off with a job description. Please read the information below carefully and reflect on your fit for the role, skills you could bring to this job, and skills you would like to gain or improve through this experience. You will be asked to write a brief Cover Letter in response to the job description to formally express your interest in the advertised position.
Drone Pilot and GIS Analyst at Cardno
Cardno, a global leader in infrastructure, environmental, and social development, is seeking a Drone Pilot and GIS Analyst intern to assist its geoscience team in overseeing the ground and flight operations of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS), otherwise known as drones, for the Murramarang South Coast Walking Trail safety assessment and improvement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake inductions and training as required within the workplace
- Prepare pre-operational planning reports and perform pre-flight safety checks
- Ensure compliance with all safety regulations
- Assess weather conditions and interpret aerodrome forecasts
- (Virtually) pilot a drone through a series of standard tasks used in licence training
- Manage and file data including images, logs and other records
- Post production of data collection and report to stakeholders
- Actively contribute to the continuous improvement of all operations
Desired skills, qualifications, and experience:
- Year 10-12 high school student
- Confident in own ability to acquire new knowledge quickly and with limited supervision
- Understanding of spatial sciences
- Some understanding in the principles of flight
- Some understanding in the basics of photography
- Developed computer literacy skills
- Good hand-eye coordination and spatial awareness
- Good problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Good self-organisation skills
- Good communication skills
Interest in either geoscience, environmental science, aeromodelling, electronics, photogrammetry, or surveying is also desirable.
If this sounds like you, apply now by answering the following 3 questions in your digital Cover Letter and submitting your responses below.
- Why are you interested in this job?
- How do your skills and experience match the job requirements?
- What are you hoping to learn and develop by taking on this job?
Thank you for your interest! Your Cover Letter has been sent to the program mentor and facilitator. Feel free to proceed to the next section...