Sustainability Consultant at Inland Rail
We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Sustainability Consultant who is keen to kick-start their career by taking an active involvement in development and implementation of a sustainability and environmental strategy across Inland Rail. Your goal will be to design an engaging and relevant sustainability awareness campaign for our employees to take part in. This is a real opportunity to support and promote cultural change and social responsibility at an organisational level, with a focus on maximising your impact on our efforts to be proactive about making sustainable choices in the workplace and beyond.
We are currently working on the largest freight rail project in Australia, and with your help, the legacy we leave will be positive.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive the development and implementation of sustainability and environmental initiatives across Inland Rail through developing a large-scale sustainability campaign
- Contribute to a socially and environmentally responsible workplace culture
- Educate employees on the importance of sustainable workplace practices and develop strong relationships with internal stakeholders through proposing and championing sustainability initiatives
- Provide clear, engaging, evidence-based, and up-to-date communication on sustainability topics and issues
- Manage and strategically plan all aspects of your sustainability campaign, from conceptualisation to marketing
- Produce high-quality, compelling campaign deliverables, such as communications and social media campaign package and campaign pitch
Desired skills, qualifications, and experience:
- Year 10-12 high school student
- Awareness of existing sustainability challenges and initiatives around Australia and overseas
- Familiarity with social media platforms and communication channels
- Ability to communicate, present, and generate enthusiasm for ideas and solutions
- Ability to facilitate change and influence others
- Adaptability and desire to perform a variety of tasks, from research and planning, to outreach and presentation to stakeholders
- Project management, problem-solving, and organisational skills
- Independence in acquiring new knowledge and showing initiative
- Strong verbal and written communication skills: able to speak and write clearly, concisely, and compellingly
- Interpersonal skills: able to find common ground and gain personal and professional trust with a wide range of audiences
- Genuine passion for all aspects of sustainability and social accountability
Interest in ecology, environmental science and engineering, environmental or social policy, climate change, conservation, sustainable resource management, responsible consumption and production, workplace psychology, health and well-being will be advantageous.
If this sounds like you, submit a 1-minute video Cover Letter by responding to a VideoAsk below.
We are excited to receive your application!