So what's this experience all about?
As a Civil Construction Cadet, you will be pioneering a large-scale tunnel construction project through the rocky terrain of regional Toowoomba. Your role will be to continually assess and refine a project plan in order to deliver a safe, functional, and environmentally-sustainable outcome. As you progress through each week, you will become familiar with relevant industry background, practical knowledge, and a variety of real-life tasks that will help you get a taste for this rewarding role.
This work experience includes:
😍 4 weeks of virtual self-guided work experience
🛠 Series of thought provoking questions, activities, and challenges, relevant to the specialist field.
🙌 Feedback from your work experience facilitators and industry mentors
💬 Access to a social activity feed
📺 Q&A session with an industry 👷♀️ 👷♂️ professional
What you will gain:
- An understanding of the key disciplines and concepts relevant to the work of a Civil Construction Cadet as well as their day-to-day tasks
- Experience in planning a project that complies with time, budget, legislative, and environmental constraints.
- Understanding construction safety processes and reviewing WHS risk assessments that cover the entire asset life cycle.
- Practice reviewing virtual field assessments of construction sites.
- Building an assessment framework and conducting ongoing revision of project design based on data analysis
- Understanding communication requirements for projects with multiple teams.
- Exposure to a broad range of pathways, including surveying and geotechnical engineering.
- Soft skills that set you apart, including communication, creative thinking and interpersonal skills.
- Certified microcredential titled ‘Civil Construction Cadet Virtual Work Experience at Inland Rail’, that can boost your chances of kick-starting a career in areas related to geoscience.