In your role, you will:
- Tackle modern signalling systems
- Appreciate how Systems Operators work within a network of other roles to coordinate train movement and safety
- Explore how signalling arrangements vary along the Inland Rail alignment, for example in bushfire and flood-prone areas.
- Learn what pathways are available to you
- Gain soft skills like communication and problem solving that will set you apart
Now, let’s gather the tools you’ll need to hit the ground running with your work experience. We’ll start off by getting you familiar with your company, what a Signals and Systems Operator does, and why their role is important.