In your role, you will:
- Explore the different types of electrical and rail equipment overseen by Electrical Technicians
- Assess electrical failures and repair equipment such as track circuits.
- Appreciate how Electrical Technicians work within a network of other roles to coordinate train movement and safety
- Learn what pathways are available to you
- Gain soft skills like communication and problem solving that will set you apart
Now, let’s gather the tools you’ll need to hit the ground running with your work experience. We’ll start off by getting you familiar with your company, what an Electrical Technician does, and why their role is important.