We believe in amplifying core human skills and abilities, giving people from all walks of life equal opportunity to thrive - and live a life of meaning, connection and purpose. If that mission excites you, you’ll be in Grand company.
Join as a Business Development Manager (BDM) and work at a rapidly growing Brisbane-based SKillsTech Startup. We simply ensure young people are aware of emerging high-growth career opportunities and are confident in the skills employers are actively seeking.
As a skilled Business Development Manager, you are a core part of our executive team. As a senior representative, you will promote Grandshake at the national level.
You are rather resourceful and intrinsically motivated in driving high-growth strategies and sales engineering that leads to immediate and long-term revenue opportunities.
You are an autonomous operator with a positive, proactive and growth mindset who wants to play their part in bridging this gap between education and the real world, so young people and organisations can thrive.
In a nutshell, you have an urgent hunger to:
- Work in a rapidly growing high impact Startup environment.
- Help people discover value through an innovative solution.
- Be part of a values-driven workplace that empowers people.
- Develop a high-growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction
- Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs
- Arrange business meetings with prospective clients
- Promote our products/services addressing or predicting clients’ objectives
- Design and deliver sales proposals and negotiate contracts
- Deploy a solution-selling mindset that leads to positive relationships
- Develop and monitor an effective sales engineering process that leads to an increase in: month-over-month//year-over-year revenue, number of leads qualified, units sold/profit margins, customer lifetime value, and win rates.
- Proactively monitor and deploy practices that reduce: customer churn, customer acquisition cost, and reduce closed-won deal cycle time.
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers, industry bodies, associations and government.
Requirements and skills:
- Experience in designing optimal sales journeys via CRM software (Hubspot).
- Autonomous operator with a positive, proactive and growth mindset.
- Skilled in building rapport
- High-level communication skills
- Stakeholder management skills
- Proven ability to negotiate
- Experience with design and implementation of business development strategy
- The ability to self-motivate and motivate a team
- Experience working to and exceeding targets
Good to have:
- Ideally background in workforce planning, entry-level talent recruitment (graduate or apprenticeship), social impact or diversity and inclusion.
- Previous enterprise sales experience and mature relationships in infrastructure, engineering, and energy sector (i.e. STEM sector) will be highly regarded.
- Think independently
- Communicate openly and mindfully
- Value the intensive pursuit of truth and excellence
- Take the initiative and have a high sense of personal accountability
- Are generous and fair
- Listen and act, without ego
Role logistics :
- Direct reporting to the Founder and Chief Executive Officer.
- Full-time role, starts ASAP.
- Role open to Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne locations.
- Competitive remuneration plus Equity.
Grandshake has always been a diverse and inclusive workplace and wishes to encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people from various cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people with disabilities and LGBTIQ+ individuals.
Ready to apply? Hit the Record your answer button to submit a short video CV and upload resume after you've recorded the video. Alternatively, email CV and cover letter directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don't stress you can try a few times before submitting the final video CV.