The Grand manifesto
We need your help to accomplish a shared social mission and like all great companies, we seek out people with an aligned interest, values and intention of creating a culture we as a company can be proud of.
- Think independently
- Communicate openly and mindfully
- Value the intensive pursuit of truth and excellence
- Take the initiative and have a high sense of personally accountability
- Are generous and fair
- Listen and act, without ego
We believe it’s our soft skills that create space for authentic, meaningful connection and growth - individually and collectively.
We choose to create awareness and amplify these human abilities so we can thrive and live in harmony in this ever changing world.
Grand values and behaviors
- you are present, respect other’s time by minimising distractions and giving them your undivided attention
- you take time to reflect; be a keen observer of your own thoughts and feelings
- you listen deeply, ask questions, gain clarity before responding
- you communicate your ideas, vision and request clearly and concisely
- you provide honest, helpful, timely feedback with good intent
Clear is kind, unclear is unkind.
- Brené Brown
- you are curious and value the experience of people with diverse perspectives, or from different backgrounds and cultures
- you treat people with respect regardless of status or viewpoint
- you recognise we all have biases and work to grow past them
- you maintain trust by only say things about a fellow humans you will say to their face
Give a human touch
- you are generous and have a high standard of fairness
- you make time to help others
- you take pride in developing genuine relationships
- you elevate people and celebrate our individual and collective successes
- you are egoless when working with others
- you empathise with others, be humble and seek to have a broader view
- you celebrate successes as a team
- you seek what is best for Grand Company rather than best for yourself
- you think strategically; be conscious of how the parts contributes to the whole
- you speak up when it’s in the best interest of Grand Company, even if it is uncomfortable
- you take smart risks and are open to possible failures
- you question actions inconsistent with our values
Courage is not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it.
- Nelson Mandela
Freedom and responsibility
- you take the initiative to make Grand Company and our community better
- you have an innate sense of urgency
- you honour your commitments and personal accountability
- you take pride in making decisions that are best for the company
- you are proud of what you do and radiate a contagious passion
- you are optimistic about our future
- you inspire others with your way of being
Innovation and Excellence
- you passionately seek ways of achieving excellence
- you combine creativity and logic to push the boundaries of what’s possible
- you stay agile, adaptable and learn to thrive in ambiguity
- you see challenges as an opportunity rather than obligation
Amplifying human skills and potential
Our Grand mission is to amplify core human abilities, giving people from all walks of life equal opportunity to thrive - and live a life of meaning, connection and purpose.
All of Us at Grand Company are responsible for ensuring we truly live our values and culture. Everything we do here must be consistent against our values and the behaviours.
The great aim of education is not knowledge, it's action.
- Herbert Spencer