This virtual work experience offers you a taste of what it’s like to be a Drone Pilot at Cardno. You will be working on a geotechnical risk assessment project to upgrade the walking trails at the Murramarang South Coast Walk. Your tasks will include digitally mapping the drone’s route, creating a pre-flight safety checklist accounting for the weather conditions and aerodrome forecast, recording a drone flight simulation, and working with 3D map imagery.
What you will gain
- Understanding of the key disciplines and concepts relevant to the work of a Drone Pilot and GIS Analyst as well as their day-to-day tasks.
- Insight into the established procedures and values driving the decision-making process in a global infrastructure, environmental and social development company like Cardno.
- Experience contributing to a geotechnical risk assessment project, from brief to delivery.
- Feedback on your work and progress from the industry mentor and the virtual work experience facilitator as well as frequent self-reflection opportunities.
- Certified microcredential titled ‘Drone Pilot and GIS Analyst Virtual Work Experience at Cardno’, that can boost your chances of kick-starting a career in areas related to geoscience.