In this virtual work experience, you will decipher the inner workings of large-scale Inland Rail infrastructure projects. As a Junior Environmental Planner, you will analyse the geographical location of a project, and construct a plan-of-action to minimise the environmental impact on the flora, fauna and cultural heritage sites. You will plan infrastructure projects by learning essential project management skills that require you to navigate environmental and legal pathways.
Is this for you?
- Are always looking out for the environment
- Want to learn about the planning behind our cities and transport
- Would like an industry mentor and career guidance
- Are keen to learn about our cultural heritage
- Love learning!
Then this experience was made for you!
What you will gain
- A deep understanding of how environmental and cultural considerations guide infrastructural projects.
- Insight into the step-by-step planning involved in large scale projects.
- Learn how ecologists and cultural heritage advisors assess landscapes.
- Knowledge of how to identify flora and fauna.
- Learn to use different project management techniques and tools such as ClickUp.
- Feedback on your work and progress from industry mentors and a program facilitator, as well as frequent professional growth opportunities.
- Certified microcredential titled, ‘Junior Environmental Planner virtual work experience at Inland Rail’, to kick-start your career in areas related to engineering/digital technology.