This exciting experience gives you an opportunity to develop all aspects of a large-scale sustainability-themed campaign for Inland Rail. As a Communication and Sustainability Cadet, you will come up with an initial campaign proposal, identify its local and global significance, suggest potential partnerships and community liaisons, plan the campaign roll-out schedule and communications strategy, and present an elevator pitch of your final product to the Inland Rail team of sustainability experts and champions.
What you will gain
- Understanding of the key disciplines and concepts relevant to the work of a Sustainability Officer as well as their day-to-day tasks.
- Experience in conceptualising, pitching, and designing an implementation plan for a large-scale sustainability campaign that closely aligns with Inland Rail values and best industry practices.
- Practice in researching potential partnership and outreach opportunities for your campaign.
- Feedback on your work and progress from the industry mentor and the work experience facilitator as well as frequent self-reflection opportunities.
- Certified microcredential titled ‘Communication and Sustainability Cadet' virtual work experience at Inland Rail, that can boost your chances of kick-starting a career in
- related fields.
- Possibility to see your campaign implemented across Inland Rail to increase sustainability awareness within its community